Monday, February 17, 2014

blog swap :)



So how fun is this?

"Mom, you got a package!"

I've been expecting several packages: vitamins I was out of, jars & tins & supplies I was low on, yarn (I know, I know...).

"Who is it from?"

"Someone named Sarah in Pennsylvania."

"????"

Setting down my knitting to take a look, I was surprised that I had received not one, but three packages. The vitamins, the jars & such, and the mystery package. Hmmmm. Carefully cutting the tape and folding back the flaps on the box, I spied a card with my name on it.



Still, it didn't register.

Then it dawned on me...

Blog Swap!! :)

"Oh, guys! This is my blog swap package! Come, look!"



A lovely hand-written letter from my new friend in SW Pennsylvania -- the place of my birth!



Sarah blogs at Gentle Home and operates an Etsy shop also called Gentle Home. Be sure to stop by and visit her. :)  As you can see in the pictures, I was blessed with not only a note, but also a wonderful hand-crafted collection of personal items including a bar of cardamom/cinnamon scented soap, a peppermint patty lotion bar, a tube of lavender lip balm (love it!), an extra soft handknit washcloth, a felt-covered rice bag that can be used either cooled or warmed, and several beeswax votive candles. What a treat!



THANK YOU, SARAH!! And a big thank you to Amanda who organized the blog swap!

On the flip side, I've been gathering things to send to my swap partner and will be mailing her package later this week...

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

12 comments:

  1. Lisa, they are all such beautiful and thoughtful gifts. I am so glad you are so happy.
    My stomach has been in knots from worrying if my swap blogger will like my gifts, I
    am praying that she does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Tracey- how could someone NOT like those beautiful things?! I read your post earlier, they look beautiful, beautiful!

      Delete
    2. I am certain the recipient of your gifts will love them! :) This is about the most fun I've had in a while and I'm really hoping Amanda will do it again sometime. :)

      Delete
    3. PS, Tracey, I completely agree with Amanda! :)

      Delete
  2. oh how lovely! I'm so glad it's been a fun experience for you, Lisa~ thank you for sharing about it here so that we can spy on the 'swappings' of others ;) I'm off to check out Sarah's etsy shop...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun indeed! Thanks so much, Amanda, for making the whole thing happen. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad to see that everything arrived safely and read your kind words! Enjoy! We have a big snowstorm happening currently, so knitting and burning my candles will be happening today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your snow! We're in the midst of a winter storm here -- no snow, but lots of rain and wind. The rivers are all high, but not quite flooding, thank the Lord! We enjoyed your candles last night during dinner, Sarah. Thank you so, so much!

      Delete
  4. lovely lovely gifts!!! How sweet to have something from where you began your life's journey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you receive, Karen. Fun, fun!

      Delete
  5. What a fun package! I have all my items ready to ship this week. Just a few finishing touches...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit that I laughed when I read this post. I don't know Sarah personally, but one of my best friends does. I have bought some of her soaps at my FAVORITE yarn store in Grove City, PA. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...