Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tending my yarn garden...



Diligently working on that purple Jared Flood and enjoying every stitch... With only two skeins to go, I'll be handing this project off to the daughter in law (from whom I adopted it) so that she can finish what she started. :)  Next up are three more Baba knits for Charlotte -- booties, a bonnet, and an Easter shrug to go with the pretty green and white dress she'll be wearing to church. Oh, and by the way, the purple in today's photos is the most true I've been able to capture of this yarn thus far which makes me happy. :) 

Reading is scattered right now. It's been a busy week and rainy; although it has been in the 50s a few days, the ground is too saturated to even think of planting any seed -- even peas. We truly needed the rain, so I'm not complaining. Spending lots of time perusing old copies of Mother Earth News and my library of gardening books for new (and old) ideas.

I picked up a copy of the Washington State Constitution while in Olympia on Monday and plan to read it through with Daniel and make comparisons with the US Constitution which we're reading this week for our humanities co-op. He's really into it which makes it fun. 15 is such a great age.

And just incase you missed it, I shared a picture of my yarn stash here. I have a lunch date with a friend who knows of several neat shops over in Camas where she assures me I'm likely to find just the cabinet I'm looking for...stay tuned!

What are you reading/knitting/crocheting? Please share in the comments and join me at Ginny's. :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

17 comments:

  1. I love that purple Lisa, it is so beautiful. And any and all of Jared Floods patterns are the best.
    I hope you find a cabinet, my fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to the cabinet adoption :) lovely knitting and purple is just a fresh color this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how the cabinet works for the stash...(your stash actually looks very very very organized right now!!!!). That purple is absolutely the prettiest....what a great knit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's coming out so pretty - I love the shade of purple. Are you getting excited to start the garden? I think we may plant some seeds this week indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited? You better believe it! I've got lettuce starts that are 3 weeks along and just planted some new seed on Saturday. I'm always eager to eat our first homegrown green salad each year and cannot wait!

      Delete
  5. That purple is beautiful! And the gardening book looks really good! I am having spring fever...of course we have a couple more months of winter here...so anything that gets me thinking ahead to planting is welcome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple!
    I remember taking trips to visit the Capitol in Olympia as a child with our homeschool group. It was interesting although I'm hard pressed to imagine fun in reading the Constitution, haha!
    Getting antsy to put seeds in the ground here too but holding off a little. Maybe once my painting project is finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will bet your growing season starts a bit later than ours maybe? I think the fun in reading the Constitution(s) is that we'll be doing it together...always fun to watch the lights go on and interests being sparked in my kids. :) Happy painting!

      Delete
  7. Lovely purple - nice that you and your daughter-in-law will have worked on it together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a really nice purple!! :) look forward to seeing the other knits DV !! :) Will be nice to see what cabinet you find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That purple is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty! I took a picture of my knitting today, so I hope to join at Ginny's and post a blog update soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The purple is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The purple blanket is lovely! Your DIL will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty shade of purple. Your yarn stash is huge! Looking forward to seeing what you purchase for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great baby blanket pattern and a great color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your purple is stunningly gorgeous - such beautiful knitting.
    We planted some seeds indoors this weekend, the ground outdoors is still very heavy, although warming up now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...