Saturday, February 22, 2014

{weekend update -- 2014 #5}



That is a heart.

My awesome husband makes the best lattes. And even though I'm a black coffee with a pinch of stevia coffee drinker, I do like a latte once in a while. Especially when Dan makes one for me. :)

This week was typical and filled with lessons and errands during piano and violin lessons. Our Costco "reward" coupon arrived this week, so I filled a cart there and still didn't spend it all. The extra was tucked away for a rainy day...

I don't have a picture to share, but Charlotte began crawling in earnest this week! Oh, how I love being a grandma! Being a Baba is the best. Being a mom is, too. But being a Baba is a different kind of best. :)

I made terrific progress on Lottie's purple blanket, but I just don't think it's going to be finished this weekend. I'm close, and that makes me happy. :)

A few weeks ago we ordered a half a beef from a local farmer and this week got the call to come in and place our cut order with the butcher. While at the butcher shop, I spied their freshly ground breakfast sausage which got me thinking of sausage gravy biscuits...



The perfect breakfast for a lazy Saturday morning. :)

I'm keeping my eye open for just the right cabinet in which to store all of this:



Lots of worsted wool, some alpaca picked up in Hood River, cotton for washcloths (always making new ones for the kitchen), several skeins of fingering for shawls to knit one day, cashmere sport weight for a special project, two bins filled with beginner yarn from years ago that I just couldn't get rid of (AnnaLynn asked me to keep it), and various leftovers from finished projects. I must confess that this isn't even all. Could very well go for quite some time without shopping for yarn...

And now I'm off to bake an apple pie...

Wishing you a blessed weekend,

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, Your biscuits look divine. Won't you share your recipe?
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! I do need to make biscuits someday! yum! what a lot of blessings in your life! so glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your breakfast looks delicious. How do you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sausage gravy and biscuits are my guys favorite breakfast [ or dinner sometimes].
    How fun to have a crawling baby. I love being a mama, but being an Olie is so much more fun.
    I am so thankful you showed your yarn, now I don't feel so bad about my stash. I have no business walking into a yarn store for a long time.
    Have a beautiful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that breakfast looked scrumptious.

    No thoughts on storage. My yarn is actually hiding in bags and boxes under the cellar stairs. I could not take a picture of that. No need for physical evidence of a hoarding problem. Just sayin'

    Enjoy your weekend

    Many blessings for you and your family
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you, Lisa...I look forward to being a Grandma someday, Lord willing. :-)
    Blessings and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you find THE cabinet or shelves. I broke down and bought shelves for the foyer and every single time I place something on them I am grateful. No more putting stuff on the steps or in another room. Crawling??? getting older way to fast! my grammie years are far off for me .....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tons of cotton and it's sad because I HATE knitting with it. I think I may use a bunch of it and crochet some dish cloths. Those biscuits look so delicious! Yay for crawling babies! The real fun has begun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like a lovely weekend, Lisa!
    You certainly have enough yarn there to keep you out of trouble for a while ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love your yarn stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you have a lot of yarn. I probably do too but it is spread out. There are a lot of lovely projects waiting to be made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...